From the mouth of a silly, sassy toddler

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lots of Silliness


For those of you that know Emma Cate, you know she's a nutty little girl. She's a typical PB&J and Disney loving toddler and has a baby sister, Juliet (5 months). She keeps us on our toes with the silly things she says, and I want to keep track of them through this blog. Today I'm going to post some past favorite Emma-isms.

On the way to visit my parents, I was listening to talk radio in the car. The guy said something about immigration, and Emma Cate piped up from the backseat: "No! It's not immigration! It's Emma CATE!"

I asked Em if she wanted to color at the table. She looked up at me and put her hands on her hips. "No Mom, we don't color on the table. We only color PAPER!" then sighed and walked away. Unfortunately, she seemed to have forgotten that lesson, because a couple weeks later she got in trouble at preschool for coloring all her friends lips with markers.

Emma Cate was looking out the window with her Granna and PawPaw and they saw a squirrel. They told Em it was a squirrel and a second later, a little girl playing outside shrieked. Emma Cate got so excited- "I heered it! I heered the squirrel!" Now if you ask her what a squirrel says, she shrieks.
The other night, the wind was really blowing and it started to whistle. Em perked up and said "It's a squirrel Mama!" then ran over to the back door to look for it. The wind whistled really loud and she ran back to me saying, "Nope, I don't like the squirrel."

A few days ago, Em came up to me and out of the blue announced, "Daddy say I don't haffa take a nap today." Seriously doubt it, kid.

Emma Cate wanted to help me clean the kitchen, so I gave her a baby wipe and told her to wipe down the cabinets. After a couple minutes, she said, "This is kinda really hard Mama, it's not fun." No kidding.

Emma tends to move at baby turtle speed in the morning, especially on preschool mornings. I was starting to get frustrated, so I said, "Emma Catherine! Get it together kid!" She looked up at me and said, "Take a deep breath, Mama. You need some coffee. And a hug."

On the way to preschool today, I asked Em what she wanted to be when she grows up.
"Ummm... I don't know. I haffa be growed up first!"
Then I asked if she wanted to a mommy someday.
"Yep! I'm gonna be a mommy at your house!"
Let's hope not.

And today I'll leave you with a video of the little nut doing her "monster voice".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKfkzicGmaA





No comments:

Post a Comment